Open Until Filled
APPLY AT: https://rew21.ultipro.com/CIN1003/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*773F54BC36896A60
Trains for and responds to fire alarms and declared emergencies to provide efficient airport safety and security protection. Performs as a certified emergency medical technical using life safety skills.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
• Assists with pre-fire planning and in the location and suppression of aircraft and structural fires.
• Operates fire fighting vehicles and equipment in application of all type of fire extinguishing agents in affecting rapid control and extinguishment of fire.
• Performs Emergency Medical Technician duties as required. Responds to and mitigates emergency medical calls that occur on and off the airport.
• Performs preventative maintenance on airport fire fighting equipment to ensure proper working order.
• Assists in general housecleaning of airport fire department to maintain building and personnel health.
• Assists passengers with questions and problems to enhance the customer experience. Ensure that personnel are authorized to conduct business on the airfield and that credentials are correct.
• Performs airfield inspections of both lighting and structures to ensure passenger and worker safety.
• Participate in physical fitness program and maintain fitness requirements.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Must be 18 years of age or older
• Certified Firefighter in the State of Kentucky for the Kenton County Airport Board;
• Certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or ability to obtain certification within one year of hire;
• Valid Operators License;
• Maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Chemistry of fire and operation of firefighting apparatus;
• Physical and chemical properties of aircraft fire fighting and combustible materials;
• Principles and applications of first aid;
• Fire ground safety;
• General knowledge of sprinkler systems, fire service alarms and protection systems;
• Ability to learn airport security procedures peculiar to the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport;
• FAR 139 as it applies to ARFF.
• Clearly and effectively communicating both orally and in writing;
• Use of a variety of computer-based technologies including word processing, and spreadsheets;
• Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Must maintain the physical conditioning necessary to safely mitigate imminent danger or peril related to hazardous firefighting job duties; in order to lift and move injured persons, and deal with the physical and mental stress associated with the duties of this position.
Incumbents in this position are listed in KRS 61.592 (1) (b) as appropriate for Hazardous Duty status. Incumbents face a high degree of danger or peril associated with the presence of twisted metal and debris in the immediate rescue environment. Incumbents may be exposed to infectious diseases or blood borne pathogens as a result of working in close physical contact with the general public.
Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The Kenton County Airport Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans