28th Annual Educational Conference & Training Symposium
Notice of the annual meeting of the Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting Working Group, Inc. is hereby given. The meeting will be held at the Galt House Hotel, 140 N. Fourth St., Louisville, KY 40202. September 18, 2017 at 11:00 A.M. local time. The meeting is called for the purpose of receiving annual reports of the Officers and Directors, and to transact such business which comes before the ARFFWG.
The ARFF Working Group Annual Conference and Educational Symposium is the premier event for the aviation firefighting industry. We expect more than 50+ companies to exhibit at this year’s program. This is the perfect opportunity to visit and shop for products and services that deal specifically with the aviation fire safety and protection industry.
Time until conference starts
Your commitment to the ARFFWG helps to fund not only the Annual Conference, but other educational programs promoted and supported by the ARFFWG throughout the year. The basic registration for the 2017 conference is $595 (early) and includes full attendance rights to all ARFFWG activities.
On-site registration will take place at the Galt House Hotel on Sunday, September 17, 2017 from 2:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. and will continue on Monday, September 18th at 7:30 A.M. at the registration counter in the convention hall attached to the hotel.
Hands-On Cargo Aircraft Familiarization Training at UPS Airlines
The Cargo Aircraft Familiarization training offered by UPS is designed to “train the trainers” to enable trainees to then share the information with their departments.
Training will be conducted Sunday afternoon, September 17, from 1300-1700 at the UPS Worldport Facility at Louisville International Airport. Bus transportation will be available from the Galt House Hotel.
Application Selection Criteria:
Due to the limited training slots available (50), the following criteria will be used to prioritize applicants for the training. First priority will be given to the following:
- One person per department. This individual should be a training officer/instructor with longevity that will be able to share the information with others in their department for several years forward.
- Departments that have not been trained recently by the UPS ARFF Training Team.
- Departments at airports that do not have UPS aircraft remaining on the ground to enable possible UPS training in the future.
- Airports with a higher chance of cargo aircraft diverting into them for an emergency or adverse weather.
- Special circumstances-please explain with your application
- High cargo use airport (not currently served by UPS)
- First come, first serve basis based on application sign-up date
Overlooking the waterfront from the heart of downtown, The Galt House is a legendary Louisville hotel. In fact, they are the largest hotel in Kentucky with a rich history that dates back to the 1800s. Today, the hotel features 1,310 contemporary guest rooms, including 660 suites with comfortable furnishings, HD televisions, and in-room coffee makers. Located in either the SUITE Tower or the RIVUE Tower.
Galt House Hotel has 3,200 on-site parking spaces available in their attached covered parking garage for guests. The ARFFWG has arranged a discounted self-parking rate of $10 per night. Valet parking is offered for $28 per night.
RESERVATIONS can be made by accessing this LINK. Room rates are as follows:
- Deluxe Room RIVUE Tower—$139 per night single/double plus applicable taxes
- Executive Suite, SUITE TOWER—$159 per night single/double plus applicable taxes
This rate is only available until August 24,2017 on a space available basis.
Below are links to additional information including the Exhibitors Prospectus and exhibitors services.