PARKLAND, FLA. (WSVN) – A single-engine Cessna C-150 plane made an emergency landing on a Broward County road.

The plane came down at around 3:35 p.m. Monday, in the area of Nob Hill Road and Hillsboro Boulevard in Parkland. The flight took off from Pompano Beach Airpark and experienced some difficulties with the engine, causing it to make an emergency landing.

The pilot crashed into a tree during the landing, resulting in some damage to the wing and the propellers of the plane.

Cellphone video shows the plane dodging cars as it made its way safely onto the ground.

The plane, bearing the logo of the XFlight Aeronautical Company, belongs to a business with an office in Pompano Beach that was closed on Monday afternoon.

Officials said two people were on board the plane and one of the occupants suffered a minor laceration.

The two people are experienced pilots who were trying to get hours flying around the Everglades and West Broward.

The father of one of the pilots on board spoke to 7News and said the cause appeared to be engine failure.

“The pilots did. My daughter was actually flying in the right seat. I gotta go,” said one of the pilot’s father.

The plane cannot fly out of the crash scene because of the damage to its wings so it was towed away.

Coral Springs Fire Rescue said crews needed to take the plane apart so it can be towed away.

Residents in the area where stunned to see where the plane had landed.

“I looked over in my backyard and I saw the plane going down,” said Joshua Fliegel, who lives nearby. “My house is right there so if it just kept going, I would have a plane in my yard, a plane in my swimming pool.”

“And it hit the curb and it bounced off,” said Tyler Boothe, who also lives nearby.

“I was in shock,” said another neighbor.

Hillsboro Boulevard was shut down just east of Nob Hill Road in Parkland but has since been reopened.

“It’s pretty impressive they were able to make it over the traffic signals and safely onto the the roadway,” said Coral Springs Fire Rescue Deputy Chief Mike Moser.

The Federal Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board arrived on the scene Monday afternoon to begin an investigation.